Table of Contents
What type of auto mechanics make the most money?
The Highest Paid Jobs in Mechanical Maintenance
- Diesel Mechanics. Diesel mechanics maintain the engines of vehicles that run on diesel fuel, such as buses, 18-wheelers and construction vehicles.
- HVAC Mechanics.
- Heavy Equipment Mechanics.
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics.
- Aircraft Mechanic salary.
What is the method of pay for Automotive Technician?
Flat rate pay is payment based on each job that’s completed. An employer or manufacturer estimates the amount of time a job should take. The employer pays the technician a predetermined amount for that job, based on the expected time. For example, say the flat rate of a job is based on two hours.
What type of pay do mechanics get?
In Alberta, Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers earn an average of $34.11/hour or $71,754.00/year.
How do mechanics get rich?
How Much Do Auto Mechanics Make
- Service Cars on The Side. One of the best ways for an auto mechanic to make extra money is to do work on the side.
- A Mechanic that inspects Used Cars. Many new owners wants a review of a used car before they buy them.
- Create Your Own Business.
What state pays auto mechanics the most?
Best-Paying States for Auto Mechanics The states and districts that pay Auto Mechanics the highest mean salary are District of Columbia ($61,350), Alaska ($53,110), New Jersey ($50,960), Connecticut ($50,860), and California ($50,230).
Do automotive technicians make good money?
Auto Mechanics made a median salary of $42,090 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $56,140 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $31,250.
What percentage of labor rate should technician get?
I use a simple formula in making that determination. The first percentage to keep in mind is 30%. That is how much you can pay a technician in hourly pay plus bonuses of your effective labor rate if the tech is 100% efficient.
How much do mechanics make that own their own shop?
In general, a larger auto body shop can earn $100,000 per year, and mechanics themselves can make between $30,000 and $50,000 per year. BizStats offers a breakdown of costs vs revenues.