Table of Contents
- 1 What is the most no-hitters in one season?
- 2 Who caught Nolan Ryan’s no-hitters?
- 3 How many no-hitters did Randy Johnson have?
- 4 Who is the greatest pitcher of all time?
- 5 Which baseball team has been no hit the most?
- 6 Did Roger Clemens throw a no-hitter?
- 7 What’s the record for most hits in a season in baseball?
- 8 How many MLB players have played 20 or more seasons?
What is the most no-hitters in one season?
The most no-hitters in a single season was 1884 in which 12 were thrown, followed by 1990 with 9 and 1991 with 8. However, since the redefinition the totals for each season have been reduced to 8 in 1884 and 7 in 1990, 1991, 2012 and 2015.
Who caught Nolan Ryan’s no-hitters?
Ryan’s catcher in 1973 for his first no-hitter: Yes, Jeff Torborg, who squatted 60 feet and six inches away from the two most unhittable pitchers in modern baseball history.
How many no-hitters did Randy Johnson have?
Johnson won Cy Young Awards in both leagues. He is also one of five pitchers to pitch no-hitters in both leagues, and one of 20 pitchers in history to record a win against all 30 MLB franchises. Johnson was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2015, his first year of eligibility….
What MLB team has been no-hit most?
Every major league franchise has been no-hit at least twice, with the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers leading the way with 20 no-nos thrown against the club over its long history.
Who has pitched a no-hitter?
Five pitchers have thrown a no-hitter in both the American League and the National League: Cy Young, Ryan, Jim Bunning, Nomo, and Randy Johnson.
Who is the greatest pitcher of all time?
10 Best Pitchers of All Time
- Bob Gibson. Pack Robert Gibson, popularly known as Bob Gibson, was a professional baseball pitcher.
- Greg Maddux. Gregory Alan Maddox is a former American baseball pitcher.
- Roger Clemens.
- Clayton Kershaw.
- Sandy Koufax.
- Pedro Martinez.
- Cy Young.
- Randy Johnson.
Which baseball team has been no hit the most?
Did Roger Clemens throw a no-hitter?
1. Roger Clemens. Just like both Steve Carlton and Greg Maddux, Roger Clemens was a phenom who barely even flirted with perfection in his career. Rocket had 13 two-hitters in his career, but that was the only regular-season one-hitter and the only time he made it into the eighth inning with a shot at a no-hitter.
What’s the longest game in Major League history?
Here are the longest games played, by number of innings, in Major League history since 1900. 1. May 1, 1920: Brooklyn Robins 1, Boston Braves 1 Length: 26 innings
Who are the longest time players in MLB?
Here Are the 6 Players With the Longest Careers in MLB History. Rickey Henderson, 25 seasons. Rickey Henderson is the only modern-day, non-pitcher to make our top list. The outfielder debuted with Oakland in 1979 Jamie Moyer, 25 seasons. Deacon McGuire, 26 seasons (TIE) Tommy John, 26 seasons.
What’s the record for most hits in a season in baseball?
Most hits in a season – 262 Ichiro Suzuki only began his Major League career at 27 after nine record-setting seasons in Japan. He holds the mark for most hits in a season (262) and may well have set it for most career hits had he played entirely in MLB.
How many MLB players have played 20 or more seasons?
More than 150 MLB players are credited with having played 20 or more seasons in the majors. The majority of them are pitchers. All have illustrious careers. Here are the six who served at the major league level the longest.