Table of Contents
What is an example of misery?
Misery is defined as the condition of suffering. An example of misery is living during a war without enough water or food. A cause of such suffering; pain, sorrow, poverty, squalor, etc.
How do you use the word of in a sentence?
Examples of of in a Sentence Preposition He is a coworker of mine. I threw out that old shirt of yours. She’s a friend of my mother’s. He had the support of his family to help him.
What does human misery mean?
The definition of human misery includes, according to Merriam Webster, the following: 1: a state of suffering and want that is the result of poverty or affliction. 2: a circumstance, thing, or place that causes suffering or discomfort. 3: a state of great unhappiness and emotional distress.
What is the sentence of wandered?
They hadn’t wandered that far today. His gaze wandered over her face, coming back to her eyes. She sighed and wandered through the spotless kitchen. Jackson wandered around the studio while waiting for Elisabeth to pack.
What is misery loves?
People who are unhappy may get some consolation from knowing that others are unhappy too.
What are 10 simple sentences?
50 examples of simple sentences
- She doesn’t study German on Monday.
- Does she live in Paris?
- He doesn’t teach math.
- Cats hate water.
- Every child likes an ice cream.
- 6.My brother takes out the trash.
- The course starts next Sunday.
- She swims every morning.
What are sentences 10 examples?
10 example of simple sentence
- Does he play tennis?
- The train leaves every morning at 18 AM.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- I love my new pets.
- They don’t go to school tomorrow.
- We drink coffee every morning.
- 7.My Dad never works on the weekends.
- Cats hate water.
What are the 4 types of sentences?
The Four Types of Sentences Declarative Sentences: Used to make statements or relay information. Imperative Sentences: Used to make a command or a direct instruction. Interrogative Sentences: Used to ask a question. Exclamatory Sentences: Used to express a strong emotion.
What kind of word is misery?
Great unhappiness; extreme pain of body or mind; wretchedness; distress; woe.
What is the sentence of hue and cry?
(1) The workers raised a great hue and cry against the new rule. (2) A terrific hue and cry was raised against the new tax proposals. (3) Further cuts in welfare have raised a hue and cry among the American public. (4) There has been a great hue and cry about the council’s plans to close the school.
What is the sentence of fluttering?
Fluttering sentence example. Flakes of falling snow were fluttering in that light. She swallowed hard at the question, panic fluttering through her. The three men, as they passed, looked down and saw the little birds fluttering in the cold, wet grass.