Table of Contents
What is a good sentence for pry?
make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry. (1) I don’t want to pry , but I need to ask you one or two questions. (2) As a reporter, I was paid to pry into other people’s lives. (3) She likes to pry into private affairs of others.
What is the meaning of pry in?
to inquire impertinently or unnecessarily into something: to pry into the personal affairs of others. to look closely or curiously; peer; peep.
How do you use pry as a verb?
pry verb (ASK QUESTIONS) to try to obtain private facts about a person: Reporters were prying into her personal life.
How do you make a sentence with these?
These sentence example
- How long would these mind games go on?
- You’ll have to show me these beautiful flowers.
- These are my other two daughters, Dulce and Alondra.
- “Can one be calm in times like these if one has any feeling?”
- I’m talking about the safety of these people.
- How’s your mother doing these days?
What does pry mean in texting?
PRY means “Probably.”
What does it mean to pry into someone’s life?
intransitive to be interested in someone’s personal life in a way that is annoying or offensive.
Where do we use in a sentence?
“I visited my old neighborhood where I have the best memories.” “I went back to the store where I bought my sweater.” “I went to the library where I studied until 8 o’clock.” “I went to my friend’s house where we got ready for the party.”
What does pry off mean?
1. Literally, to remove something from some surface with the force of a lever. A noun or pronoun can be used between “pry” and “off.” I tried to pry the bolts off this panel with a crowbar, but they wouldn’t budge. By extension, to separate someone from someone else with the use of great physical force.
What does do not pry mean?
intransitive to be interested in someone’s personal life in a way that is annoying or offensive. I just glanced at the letter; I didn’t mean to pry.
What does I don’t mean to pry mean?
How are sentences examples?
How sentence example
- How did you know you loved him?
- No matter how sorry Alex was for what happened, or how many times he apologized or tried to make up for it, he couldn’t remove the hurt.
- How long had Morino lived in America?
- He knew how to work with his hands.
- All she was doing was reminding him how powerless he was.