Table of Contents
What are the different types of curtain?
Types of Curtains
- Rod Pocket Curtains. Rod Pocket or Casement curtains have the top panel sewn to form a pocket.
- Eyelet/Grommet Curtains. Grommet or eyelet curtains are the most common curtain type.
- Tab-Top Curtains.
- Pleated Curtains.
- Window Scarf.
- Cafe Curtains.
- Sheer Curtains.
- Blackout Curtains.
What are different types of curtains and drapes?
15 Types of Curtains and Draperies with Fashionable Designs in 2021
- Pleat Drapery. If you’re looking for a drapery to add elegance to your home, pleated drapery is your best bet.
- Rod Pocket Drapery.
- Grommet Drapery.
- Tab Top Curtains.
- Café Curtains.
- Back Tap Drapery.
What are tab top curtains?
Tab top curtains feature exposed loops of fabric along the top. These wrap around the rail and support the weight of the curtain, for a vintage feel.
What are the names of the curtains on a stage?
What are stage curtains?
- The Front Curtain. Let’s begin with the front curtain, also known as a (front-of-) house curtain, act curtain, grand drape, main curtain/drape or proscenium curtain.
- Side (masking) stage curtains.
- Cross stage curtains.
- Backdrop curtains.
- Acoustic Curtains.
What are the half curtains called?
The short, sheer curtains that cover only the bottom half of a window over a kitchen sink, frequently matched to a valance across the window’s top, are called café curtains.
Which type of curtains are best?
When it comes to material, linen, silk, faux silk and velvet are the best choices to use for window treatments since they tend to hang the best, says Guercio. “Faux silk tends to be the most durable,” she says. And in a particularly sunny room, faux silk doesn’t deteriorate as quickly as real silk.
What is an eyelet curtain?
Eyelet curtains are very fashionable and make a dramatic feature of a window thanks to the deep folds of fabric, which run in uniform lines from top to bottom. Eyelet curtains always hang from a pole, which is threaded through metal rings.
What are the 3 types of curtains in theatre?
Although the possibilities for custom stage curtains are endless, there are three basic types of theatre curtains: proscenium curtains, masking curtains and backdrops. Proscenium curtains include the main curtain and the main valance.
What are masking curtains?
Used to cover, divide, hide or conceal backstage areas. Masking curtains are typically behind the proscenium curtains (up-stage) and as the name implies, their purpose is to “mask” or hide stage equipment, stage lighting and off-stage areas.
What is brocade curtain?
Brocade, or embossed-cloth, belongs to a class of richly decorated fabrics. It is a shuttle-woven fabric, normally woven on a draw loom. Brocade is mostly used for curtains/drapes, upholstery, pillows, and formal attire.
What are sheer curtains called?
Sheer curtains, also known as sheers are lightweight fabrics that cover over your windows, soften your home’s lighting, and add an instant infusion of style into your interior decor. Sheer curtains give you a measure of privacy, but are also well-matched for a layered window treatment.
How do I choose curtains?
9 Important Tips on How to Choose Curtains
- #1: Difference between curtains and drapes.
- #2: Pick out the right fabric.
- #3: The choice of colour can make or break the look.
- #4: Choosing between prints and solids.
- #5: Selecting the ideal length.
- #6: Measuring the width.
- #7: Trims and accessories.