Table of Contents
- 1 What alphabet of lines are used where a surface is illustrated as cut?
- 2 What is a set of lines in drafting called?
- 3 What are alphabet lines?
- 4 What are the 12 types of lines?
- 5 What are the types of lines and their uses?
- 6 What are the different types of alphabet of lines draw and give its uses?
- 7 What are the uses of lines?
- 8 What are the uses of lines in technical drawing?
- 9 What kind of lines are used in drawing?
- 10 Which is the most important line in the alphabet?
What alphabet of lines are used where a surface is illustrated as cut?
Section lines are used to show the cut surfaces of an object in section views. They are fine, dark lines. Various types of section lines may indicate the type of material cut by the cutting plane line. Center lines are used to indicate the centers of holes, arcs, and symmetrical objects.
What is a set of lines in drafting called?
Alphabet of Lines. A collection of the different lines used. in drafting, with classifications for line. weight (thickness) and line type. Border Lines.
What is the use of alphabet of lines?
The lines in the Alphabet of Lines are used to describe shape, size, hidden surfaces, interior detail, and alternate positions of parts. Each conveys a particular meaning on the drawing.
What are alphabet lines?
Line symbols used in technical drawing are often referred to as ALPHABET OF LINES. The use of line symbols enables engineers/designers to express the features of designed products clearly and accurately. Line features vary not only by width but also by how they are graphically represented in a drawing.
What are the 12 types of lines?
Terms in this set (12)
- Object lines. shows the contour or outline of objects.
- Hidden lines. represents features that are hidden in current view.
- Centerlines. locates the center of circles and arcs.
- Extension lines. show the extinct of a dimension.
- Dimension lines.
- Leader lines.
- Cutting-plane lines.
- Viewing-plane lanes.
What are the 4 types of lines?
Types of Line
- Horizontal Lines.
- Vertical Lines.
- Parallel Lines.
- Perpendicular Lines.
What are the types of lines and their uses?
Following are the different types of lines used in engineering drawing:
- A type – Continuos Thick.
- B type – Continuous THIN.
- C type – Continuous THIN Freehand.
- D type – Continuous THIN Zig-Zag.
- E type – Dashes THICK.
- F type – Dashes THIN.
- G type – Chain Thin.
- H type – Chain THIN and THICK.
What are the different types of alphabet of lines draw and give its uses?
ALPHABET OF LINE
- CONSTRUCTION LINE – Very light and thin line use to construct layout work.
- DIMENSION LINE – Thin and dark lines use to show the size (span) of an object with a numeric value.
- HIDDEN LINE – Short dash lines use to show non visible surfaces.
- CENTER LINE – Long and short dash lines.
What are 5 different types of lines?
There are 5 main types of lines in art: vertical lines, horizontal lines, diagonal lines, zigzag lines, and curved lines.
What are the uses of lines?
USES OF LINES
- It is used to indicate a part.
- It is used show direction.
- It is used as a symbol.
- It is used as a plan.
- It is used to make a sketch.
- It is used to mark out.
- It is used to cut out a part.
- It is used as measurement.
What are the uses of lines in technical drawing?
Technical drawing Lines are used for different purposes to provide specific information for designers, manufacturers, etc. looking at the drawing. The person who will read drawings have to learn what they mean. Line types are also a language type to communicate between technical people.
What are the different types of alphabet lines?
ALPHABET OF LINE. 1. OBJECT OR VISIBLE LINES – Thick dark line use to show outline of object, visible edges and surfaces. 2. CONSTRUCTION LINE – Very light and thin line use to construct layout work. 3. DIMENSION LINE – Thin and dark lines use to show the size (span) of an object with a numeric value.
What kind of lines are used in drawing?
OBJECT OR VISIBLE LINES – Thick dark line use to show outline of object, visible edges and surfaces. 2. CONSTRUCTION LINE – Very light and thin line use to construct layout work. 3.
Which is the most important line in the alphabet?
Alphabet of lines Visible lines / Feature lines : Visible lines (object lines) are continuous lines used to represent the visible edges and contours (features) of an object • Since visible lines are the most important lines, they must stand out from all other secondary lines on the drawing • Line weight – thick Alphabet of lines
What are phantom lines used for in drafting?
Phantom Lines: Phantom lines are thin lines used to indicate alternate position of the parts of an object, repeated detail, or the location of absent parts. Dimension Lines: Dimension lines are short, solid lines that indicate the distance between two point on a drawing. Also Know, what is a line in drafting?