Table of Contents
- 1 How do you use the word hurdle?
- 2 What is the meaning of hurdle in a sentence?
- 3 What is a hurdle used for?
- 4 What is the greatest hurdle to communication?
- 5 What is a hurdle in life?
- 6 Which is hurdle in way of communication?
- 7 How tall are the hurdles in a hurdle race?
- 8 Which is a hurdle in the flow of reading?
How do you use the word hurdle?
Examples of hurdle in a Sentence Noun He won a medal in the high hurdles. The company faces severe financial hurdles this year. Verb The horse hurdled the fence.
What is the meaning of hurdle in a sentence?
Definition of Hurdle. an obstacle or difficulty. Examples of Hurdle in a sentence. 1. The businessman had a great idea for a new restaurant, but lack of money was a hurdle that stood in his way.
What are examples of hurdles?
A large plastic barrier that an athlete has to jump over during a triathlon is an example of a hurdle. When you have no money to go to college, the lack of funds is an example of a hurdle that you must overcome before you can attend school. To hurdle is defined as to jump over barriers.
What does hurdle mean in writing?
a difficult problem to be overcome; obstacle. Chiefly British. a movable rectangular frame of interlaced twigs, crossed bars, or the like, as for a temporary fence.
What is a hurdle used for?
Historically they were used to pen livestock or to separate land in open field systems, but they are now popular as decorative fencing for gardens. In medieval England such a hurdle was sometimes used as a makeshift sledge, to which a prisoner was tied to be dragged behind a horse to a place of execution.
What is the greatest hurdle to communication?
10 major hurdle that creates 10 barriers of communication
- Lack of the sufficient knowledge.
- Overloaded knowledge.
- Emotional turbulence.
- Noisy distractions/sloppy style.
- Inappropriate mode of communication.
- If your communication chain is long.
- No Feedback.
- Impolite language.
How do you use strenuous in a sentence?
Strenuous sentence example
- Strenuous fighting thereupon ceased.
- Her lean body handled the strenuous task easily.
- He was a strenuous advocate of reform, especially in the teaching of sciences, and supported the claims of modern languages to a place in the curriculum.
What is your hurdle?
countable noun. A hurdle is a problem, difficulty, or part of a process that may prevent you from achieving something.
What is a hurdle in life?
A hurdle is a barrier or other obstacle that a runner has to jump over during a race. There are physical hurdles, and then there are their figurative counterparts — those difficulties or hurdles that prevent you from progressing in your life.
Which is hurdle in way of communication?
Barrier means all those hurdles which stop or interrupt the process of communication. Barrier sometimes becomes so strong that they can even make the whole process just a failure. Hurdles of Communication: Physical barrier is a problem in the way of transmitting a message from its source to destination.
What are the different hurdles that can occur in a communication process?
Common Barriers to Effective Communication
- Dissatisfaction or Disinterest With One’s Job.
- Inability to Listen to Others.
- Lack of Transparency & Trust.
- Communication Styles (when they differ)
- Conflicts in the Workplace.
- Cultural Differences & Language.
How do you use breather in a sentence?
(1) Relax and take a breather whenever you feel that you need one. (2) Let’s have / take a breather for a few minutes. (3) Main picture: The female takes a breather. (4) Regroup and take a breather at midday.
How tall are the hurdles in a hurdle race?
In hurdle races, the hight of the hurdles when fixed to be 3ft. Fuller led at the start, but was caught by hine at the fourth hurdle. It should be smooth sailing now that the hurdle of New York was past.
Which is a hurdle in the flow of reading?
The usual flow of reading is usurped by typological objects, like hurdles on a racetrack or weirs in a river. However, there are several technical hurdles to be overcome before an antimatter rocket can be built. Generating an attraction for and enjoyment of a subject is one of the first hurdles any teacher faces.
Who was the horse that fell at the last hurdle?
Seed Pearl, the evens favourite in the last race, fell at the last hurdle and unseated the jockey, Bob Champion. In hurdle races, the hight of the hurdles when fixed to be 3ft. Fuller led at the start, but was caught by hine at the fourth hurdle.
Which is the first hurdle for a teacher?
Generating an attraction for and enjoyment of a subject is one of the first hurdles any teacher faces. The seductive search for universal organizing principles of complex systems drives many researchers, but major hurdles must be overcome.