Table of Contents
- 1 How do you convert from octal to hexadecimal?
- 2 How do you convert BCD to hex in assembly language?
- 3 What is octal and hexadecimal number system?
- 4 How do you convert binary to octal and hexadecimal?
- 5 How do you convert BCD to binary?
- 6 What is the formula to convert decimal to hexadecimal?
- 7 How to add two 8 bit numbers using 8085?
- 8 How to write a program to count continuously in hexadecimal?
How do you convert from octal to hexadecimal?
The simplest way is to convert the octal number into a decimal, then the decimal into hexadecimal form.
- Write the powers of 8 (1, 8, 64, 512, 4096, and so on) beside the octal digits from bottom to top.
- Multiply each digit by its power.
- Add up the answers.
- Divide the decimal number by 16.
How do you convert octal to binary and hexadecimal?
Octal Binary Hexadecimal
- Step 1 : Convert (56)8 into Binary. In order to convert the octal number into binary, we need to express every octal value using 3 binary bits.
- Step 2 : Convert (101110)2 into Hexadecimal.
How do you convert BCD to hex in assembly language?
To convert BCD to hexadecimal at first we have to cut the BCD digits. The most significant digit will be multiplied with 0AH (10D), and then least significant digit will be added with the result of multiplication. Thus the BCD will be converted to its equivalent hexadecimal form.
How do you convert a number to hexadecimal?
How to convert from decimal to hex
- Divide the number by 16.
- Get the integer quotient for the next iteration.
- Get the remainder for the hex digit.
- Repeat the steps until the quotient is equal to 0.
What is octal and hexadecimal number system?
Each digit in an octal number represents three bits. Similarly, hexadecimal notation uses base-16 numbers, representing four bits with each digit. Octal numbers use only the digits 0-7, while hexadecimal numbers use all ten base-10 digits (0-9) and the letters a-f (representing the numbers 10-15).
How do you convert to octal numbers?
The formula to convert a decimal to octal is mentioned below:
- Divide the number by 8 (octal base number) until the quotient is less than 8.
- Once the number the obtained, write the remainder of each of the numbers in reverse.
- The reversed remainder is the final octal number of the decimal number.
How do you convert binary to octal and hexadecimal?
To convert from binary to hexadecimal, we take a similar shortcut to the one in octal. Each hexadecimal digit represents 4 bits, so we can take groups of 4 bits, from right to left, and convert to hexadecimal digits directly. Remember that if the number is more than 10, we use the letters A, B, C, D, E, and F.
What is the proper way of converting octal numbers to decimal values?
Step 1) Write down the place value of each digit. Step 2) Add up the place value of each digit. So 275 in octal is equal to 189. 2) Convert 3250 from octal into decimal.
How do you convert BCD to binary?
BCD to Binary Conversion
- Step 1 – Convert to BCD. BCD Number − (00101001)BCD Calculating Decimal Equivalent. Convert each four digit into a group and get decimal equivalent for each group.
- Step 2 – Convert to Binary. Used long division method for decimal to binary conversion. Decimal Number − 2910
What is BCD code?
We have seen here that Binary Coded Decimal or BCD is simply the 4-bit binary code representation of a decimal digit with each decimal digit replaced in the integer and fractional parts with its binary equivalent. BCD Code uses four bits to represent the 10 decimal digits of 0 to 9.
What is the formula to convert decimal to hexadecimal?
Take decimal number as dividend. Divide this number by 16 (16 is base of hexadecimal so divisor here). Store the remainder in an array (it will be: 0 to 15 because of divisor 16, replace 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 by A, B, C, D, E, F respectively). Repeat the above two steps until the number is greater than zero.
How do you convert from base 10 to hexadecimal?
- Divide the decimal number by 16. Treat the division as an integer division.
- Write down the remainder (in hexadecimal).
- Divide the result again by 16. Treat the division as an integer division.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until result is 0.
- The hex value is the digit sequence of the remainders from the last to first.
How to add two 8 bit numbers using 8085?
To perform addition of two 8 bit numbers using 8085. ALGORITHM: 1) Start the program by loading the first data into Accumulator. 2) Move the data to a register (B register). 3) Get the second data and load into Accumulator. 4) Add the two register contents. 5) Check for carry. 6) Store the value of sum and carry in memory location.
Which is the number system in assembly programming?
NUMBER SYSTEM in Assembly Programming is Decimal, Octal, Hexadecimal, Binary. In the Program, We are entering the values for the variables and Do arithmetical Operations like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division So the Computer should understand which kind of Number is entered.
How to write a program to count continuously in hexadecimal?
Write a program to count continuously in hexadecimal from FFH to 00H in a system with clock frequency 0.5 microseconds. Use register C to set up a delay of 1ms between each count and display output at one of the output ports.
How is the hexadecimal counter set in Excel?
Use register C to set up a delay of 1ms between each count and display output at one of the output ports. The hexadecimal counter is set by loading a register with starting number and decrementing it till zero is reached and then again decrementing it to will produce -1, which is two’s complement of FFH.