Table of Contents
- 1 How do I turn off double spacing in Word 2007?
- 2 How do I change to single spacing in Word 2007?
- 3 How do I get rid of double spacing between words in Word?
- 4 How do I get rid of extra spaces in between pages in Word?
- 5 How do I change from double space to single space in Word 2010?
- 6 How do I turn off double spacing?
- 7 Why is Word double spacing?
- 8 How do I get rid of extra spaces in justified text?
How do I turn off double spacing in Word 2007?
How to stop double-line spacing in Word 2007/2010/2013
- Load Microsoft Word 2007.
- The Home tab is selected by default.
- From the drop-down menu, select Modify.
- The Modify style screen displays.
- In the spacing section change the after value to be ‘0’ and set the line to be ‘Single’ then click OK.
How do I change to single spacing in Word 2007?
Single-space part of a document
- Select the paragraphs you want to change.
- Go to Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing .
- Choose 1.0.
How do I change from double space to single space in Word?
Change the line spacing in an entire document
- Go to Design > Paragraph Spacing.
- Choose an option. To single space your document, select No Paragraph Space.
How do I get rid of double spacing between words in Word?
How to Quickly Remove Double Spaces in Word
- Hit CTRL+A to select all the text in the document.
- Hit CTRL+H to open the Find and Replace window.
- Type two spaces in the Find what field.
- Type one space in the Replace with field.
- Click Replace All.
How do I get rid of extra spaces in between pages in Word?
- On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the View tab and then click to select or clear the White space between pages check box.
- Rest the mouse pointer over the gray area above or below a page and then click when you see the Hide White Space or Show White Space pointer.
Why does Word sometimes double space?
In Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010, sometimes there are spaces in between lines and paragraphs and sometimes there aren’t. This formatting was designed to produce documents that are easy to read. But automatic spacing can be very annoying if you don’t want it and don’t know how to get rid of it.
How do I change from double space to single space in Word 2010?
How to type (create,Change TO) single spacing word 2010? Select the double spaced text, then in the “Paragraph” section click on the “Line & Paragraph Spacing” button drop down arrow and choose 1.0 spacing. Also “Ctrl key + 1 will also change the spacing from double to single.
How do I turn off double spacing?
Remove double line spacing
- Select the paragraph you want to change, or press Ctrl+A to select all text.
- Go to Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing.
- Select the line spacing you want.
- For more exact spacing, select Line Spacing Options, and make changes under Spacing.
How do I get rid of double spacing in Word 2013?
How to Switch from Double Spacing to Single Spacing in Word 2013
- Open your document.
- Press Ctrl + A to select everything.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the Line and Paragraph Spacing button.
- Choose the desired line spacing.
Why is Word double spacing?
The word positioning is optimized for printing, not for the screen. Letters have (slightly) different widths on different devices, and the spaces between words is where Word collects the extra.
How do I get rid of extra spaces in justified text?
Method 1: Change Layout Options
- First, click “File” then click “Options” to open “Word Options” dialog box.
- Next click “Advanced” and scroll down to the bottom of the box.
- Click “Layout Options” to bring out more choices.
- Check the “Don’t expand character spaces on a line that ends with SHIFT-RETURN” box and click “OK”.