Table of Contents
How do I find my cars trouble codes?
- How to read OBD codes: Preparation.
- Step 1: Plug the OBD scanner into the OBD port.
- Step 2: Turn on the ignition.
- Step 3: Enter the Vehicle Identification Number.
- Step 4: Find OBD codes in the menu.
- Step 5: Interpret the first character of the OBD code.
- Step 6: Interpret the second character of the OBD code.
How do you reset the check engine light on a Dodge Caravan?
How Do I Reset the Check Engine Light on a Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Turn off your ignition.
- Put on a pair of safety gloves and glasses.
- Find your battery’s negative terminal.
- Loosen the nut on the negative terminal with a wrench.
- Pull the negative connector from the battery and set it aside for 30-60 seconds.
What does 0 DTC mean on a code reader?
Means you have no codes.
What are the OBD1 codes?
Basic, OBD1 Trouble Codes:
- 1 Heated oxygen sensor A (HO2S)
- 2 Oxygen content B.
- 3 and 5 Manifold Absolute Pressure.
- 4 Crank position sensor (CKP)
- 5 (Map) Sensor.
- 6 Engine coolant temperature (ECT)
- 7 Throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 8 Top dead center sensor.
How do you read a code without a scanner?
A. Using The Ignition Key
- Step 1: Turn The Ignition Key. Switch ON and OFF the ignition key without running the engine.
- Step 2: Check Your Dashboard. Right after the dash lights come up, they’ll turn off, except one—usually the service engine light.
- Step 3: Note And Interpret The Check Engine Codes.
Where can I read car codes for free?
Many drivers don’t realize that AutoZone, the nation’s largest auto parts chain, will do the following services free of charge: Read the codes on your check engine light.
What does the check engine light mean on a Dodge Caravan?
If the check engine light in your 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan starts flashing, that means that the problem needs immediate attention and your Dodge should be delivered in immediately. This flashing light usually suggests a relentless engine misfire allowing unburned fuel to be dumped into the exhaust system.
How can I get trouble codes without a scanner?
Step 6: Turn the ignition ON and check for the warning lights on the dashboard. Then start the engine to warm up. This should clear codes, and the check engine light should turn off.
How do I get a trouble code on my caravan?
Trouble codes can be displayed by the MIL or by using a Scan Tool connected to the data link connector (DLC). Within 5 seconds switch the ignition key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON.
How to get the trouble code for Chrysler?
This guide will show you how to gather trouble code for Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth automobiles built before 1996. This computer system is call OBD1. 1. To start gathering trouble codes turn the ignition key on off in rapid succession five times ending the cycle with the key in the on position.
How do you get trouble codes on your car?
To start gathering trouble codes turn the ignition key on off in rapid succession five times ending the cycle with the key in the on position. 2. Once this activation has started the check engine light will start to flash. The first set of check engine light flashes will be the first digit of the two digit code.
What are the codes for a Dodge OBDII?
OBDII Dodge Code Definitions. 1 Dodge Codes 2 Trouble Code 3 P0171 4 P0300 5 P0301 6 P0340 7 P0420 8 P1000 – P1099 (Fuel and air metering and auxiliary emission control) 9 P1200 – P1299 (Fuel and air metering – injector circuit) 10 P1300 – P1399 (Ignition system or misfire)