Table of Contents
- 1 How do I connect my DVD recorder to my cable box?
- 2 Can I plug my DVD player into my cable box?
- 3 How do you record on a cable box?
- 4 How do I connect my DVD player to my Xfinity cable box?
- 5 How do I hook up my DVD player to my Comcast cable box?
- 6 How do I record from my Comcast cable box?
- 7 What do I need to connect my DVD recorder to my TV?
- 8 Can a Magnavox DVD recorder connect to a cable box?
How do I connect my DVD recorder to my cable box?
Plug in the S-Video cable to the S-Video input on the DVD recorder. Next, connect the RCA audio cable to the output on the TV source and the input on the DVD recorder. Finally, connect the S-Video cable and the RCA audio cable to the output on the DVD recorder and the input on the TV.
How do I connect my DVD VCR combo to my TV with a cable box?
If you want the cable to VCR to TV, then connect the cable box to the VCR with either an coax (standard cable line) or composite (red, white, yellow) to the input on the back. Then run a coax or composite cable from the output on the back of the VCR to the input on the TV.
Can I plug my DVD player into my cable box?
You can’t hook a DVD to a cable box. It doesn’t have inputs. If the cable box is connected to the antenna jack on the TV and that’s the only connection you will need an AV RF modulator.
How do I hook up my DVR to my cable box?
Connect one end of a full-size HDMI cable to the HDMI 1 Out port on the back of the DVR box. Connect the other end of the cord to the TV. Plug the other end of the same HDMI cable into the HDMI 1 In port on the back or side of your television. Turn on the equipment.
How do you record on a cable box?
How To Record From Cable Box
- Plug the HD PVR into an electrical outlet.
- Connect the component video and audio cables from the video out part of the decoder to the video in part of the Hauppauge HD PVR.
- Finally, connect the USB cable from the PVR to the computer.
How do you hook up a DVD player to a Comcast cable box?
Connect Your Xfinity TV to Your DVD or VCR Player
- Make sure your Xfinity TV and DVD or VCR player are both tuned to channel 2, 3 or 4 (depending on your converter).
- Connect the wires so the cable signal passes from the main source to the converter box, then to your television. Connect your DVD/VCR using the inputs.
How do I connect my DVD player to my Xfinity cable box?
How do you hook up a VCR to cable box?
How to Connect a VCR to Cable TV & Record
- Set Up. Connect the main cable line for the house to the “In” port on the cable box. Connect one end of the appropriate cable to the “Out” port on the cable box.
- Live Recording. Insert a blank VHS tape into the VCR.
- Schedule a Recording. Insert a blank VHS tape into the VCR.
How do I hook up my DVD player to my Comcast cable box?
How do I setup my DVR?
DVR Viewer Setup
- Assign your DVR an IP Address.
- Connect to your DVR on your LAN – Local Area Network.
- Setting up Port Forwarding on your Router.
- Setting up a Static DHCP IP address for your DVR.
- Remote Internet Setup.
- Creating and Configuring a Dymamic DNS Account.
- Setting up Dynamic DNS on your Router.
How do I record from my Comcast cable box?
Record a Series on X1
- Press the Guide button on the remote.
- Select a program and press OK on the remote.
- Highlight Record and press OK.
- Highlight All future episodes and press OK.
- You can also choose your recording options by selecting All episodes: Record: Record only new episodes or record new and repeat episodes.
How do you connect your DVD player to your cable box?
Connect one end of the second coaxial cable to the Cable Out port on the cable box. Connect the other end to the cable port on your TV. Connect the green, blue and red connectors of the component cable to the same-colored ports on the DVD player.
What do I need to connect my DVD recorder to my TV?
Remember the output from your DVD recorder must match an available input on your TV. Ideally you have an HDMI output on your DVD Recorder – that is your best option for connecting to your TV. HDMI is a digital signal and the only way to get the very best video quality from your DVDs, as well as the audio signal.
How do I hook up my DVR to my TV?
Align the same color plugs to jacks between your DVR output (“line out”) and DVD input (“line in”). You then want to take the second RCA cable to connect the DVD output to the TV input. (Some units may require an S cable for this, instead of an RCA cable.)
Chances are your DVD recorder doesn’t have an HDMI input (my Magnavox DVD Recorder doesn’t), but if you do consider yourself lucky. But this presents a new problem if you have this situation: Your cable box most likely only has a single HDMI output. Connect the cable box HDMI out to the HDMI input on your your DVD Recorder.